Monday 13 April 2015

Poncho ta-dah !

Some time ago I saw Attic24's Lucy was making a poncho from a pattern in  Simply Crochet magazine.  However she was taking the "stringy" bits off the bottom section.  I loved the photos she showed of the beginning of her poncho and decided that it would be a useful garment to have to keep me warm.  I ordered some Drops Nepal yarn from here and decided on my colour palette.  I was finishing another project so didn't start doing this one for some time.  Luckily it didn't take long and here it is .....


Sorry about the photo, it was blowing a gale (so hair everywhere, hence no face in the photo) and the garment is on a bit crooked.
I loved doing this project as the yarn was a delight to work with.  It is aran weight, so size 6mm hook is used and the item grows really fast.  I also like the ribbed cowl as it is super thick and warm.
Spring has sprung in Ireland, but there are still times when I am able to snuggle under my home made wooliness!

Simone Francis Poncho Pattern
This is the original pattern and I left off the fringe and added more rows as per Attic24's Lucy did with hers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment.