Tuesday 30 June 2015

Very Sad News

Today I found out that a very talented creative crocheter had passed away.  Unfortunately she was unable to conquer her battle with depression and that makes the news even sadder.  I am talking about the beautiful Marinke Slump from A Creative Being.

The last 2 posts were from Marinke and then her Sister delivering the heartbreaking news.

Another great blogger Kathryn Vercillo from Crochet Concupiscence is organising a memorial project in honour of Wink (Marinke), to raise awareness of Depression.  Details are here.
Kathryn is asking everyone to send in a Mandala made using one of Wink's patterns for a display at an art show in San Francisco.
I thought I might try this one


Although I will use really bright colours, just like Wink would have wanted.  RIP dear sweet generous Marinke.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment.